The Naval, Military and Air Force
Club of South Australia was formed in 1879 as "The Militia Officers' Club of
South Australia" in the old barracks behind the present State Library. In 1894
the name was changed to the "Naval and Military Club of South Australia" with
the introduction of the South Australian Naval Officers. To fully reflect the
membership of the time, "Air Force" was added in 1943.
The Club has now grown to its current format of a much wider membership that embraces professional and business men and women, as well as serving and retired officers from all three services.
Whilst maintaining many aspects of military and some significant historical memorabilia, modern amenities and service ensure an elegant, inviting and friendly environment for both younger and older members. Situated on the eastern side of the city the Club is within easy walking distance of the central business district, cultural and entertainment attractions and shopping.